- October 7th
- Arrive at 3:00
- Depart on hike at 3:15
- Amicalola Falls State Park
- We will meet at the playground near the Visitor Center
- We will hike from the Visitor Center along the road leading to the pond, approximately 1/2 mile north.
- Once at the pond, we will ascend 175 steps to the base of the falls.
- After a short rest, pictures, and a brief word about the history of Amicalola Falls, we’ll begin our ascent of the 425 steps to the top. This can take anywhere from 10 -30+ minutes, depending on fitness level.
- Note: There are restrooms at the top as well.
- Once at the top we’ll have a water break and begin our decent down the back trial that will end at the Visitor Center.
- The entire hike is approximately 2 miles and should take 1.5 – 2.0 hours
- WARNING: This hike can be strenuous for some
- Hiking Gear
- Small backpack or Camelbak
- Light snacks: Bananas, Granolas, crackers, etc.
- Water or juice
- Small first aid kit if you have one
- Sturdy hiking boots or shoes
- Remember you’ll want to travel light
- One parent required from each family
- Scouts must wear their Scout Uniform
- There’s a $5 State Park fee per vehicle